Monday, September 12, 2011

JOHNNY!

10/15/11
The finished painting:
"The Man In Black"

Acrylic, 16x16"

10/09/11"

Just put the signature on the painting of Johnny Cash! Tidied up the edges and sides. Letting the paint dry.
*WHEW*
In the morning, it's off to the photographer. I'll post photos when I get them.
:)



10/06/11:


Progress shot:




10/05/11:
Even though I'm feeling crummy tonight, I can still post some pix of the progress in the last couple days-

Glazing, working up the more subtle bits of form, getting the darks darker (ya can't get the blacks too black for 'The Man In Black!')

10/02/11:

Building up the lights, layering the shadows... then going back in and unifying the whole thing; then doing it again...
I'm getting a little bit better at taking photos with the webcam. Still, I miss using a real camera...

10/01/11
Take an in-depth look at the painting process via my post on the band's blog HERE
09/26/11
Developin' da nose...

Detail:

09/24/11
More progress...

(Again, these are lo-res webcam pix... my apologies.)
Detail:


09/23/11
Webcam shot of the painting so far:

Another sketch... playing with the proportions and 'stretch & squash... all the while trying to maintain that "Johnny" likeness:




More sketches for potential piece for the CD Relief auction...

Pencil, 9 x 12"


Detail
What a great face - and a classic musician. I'm really enjoying this stage of the process - the exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment