Saturday, October 15, 2011

"The Man In Black" - FINISHED!!!

"The Man In Black"

Acrylic, 16x16"
Copyright © 2011 Mike Kloepfer

The painting is finished! I sent the painting out to the photographer before applying the varnish, to get the best possible reproduction of the original. I received two 'Artist's Proofs' at the same size as the original painting - and they look fantastic!
Kudos to Chris at The Painted Pixel for his outstanding work.
I'm donating one of the two Artist's Proofs to the Silent Auction for CD Relief, a benefit for the Rocky Mountain chapter of the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I'm hoping it will help to raise some money for a worthy cause.

I've mixed the finish coat and let it set for 24 hours. I'll be applying the varnish coat to the painting this weekend.
The Man In Black, and several other paintings, will be featured in a gallery show in downtown Denver this November. Stay tuned for more information...!

You can read the step-by-step post HERE, or the full story in my post on the band's blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment